Saturday, January 6, 2018

January 6th, 2018 Have Faith

January 6th, 2018 Have Faith

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed connected with good support. These are pillars of my daily practice. If I make these things important each day, come what may, I stay well.

Mom is struggling right now. My heart breaks when I see that fearful look in her eyes; she's scared, very scared. I keep reassuring her that she'll be fine and she's going to be okay, but she forgets easily right now, so she's always hearing it again, for the first time. The nursing staff is doing the best they can do with her care. She's getting breathing treatments every two hours overnight tonight and they're closely monitoring her oxygen levels. UTI, dehydration, and an aspiration in her left lung--these three things are being treated simultaneously--and it looks rough. But I have faith. She'll get through this.

Amber and I enjoyed a daddy/daughter dinner out in celebration of her 28th birthday. She's 65 days away from delivering Raegan. We had a wonderful conversation about all she's experiencing lately. I love how Amber and I share an almost identical sense of humor. Often, our conversations turn into what amounts to stand-up material. I can't count the number of times I've saved notes on something we laughed about so I could write new material based on the conversation. Neither one of us cared much for the dinner we ordered--but we both agreed, we weren't there for the food, we were there for the company and conversation. We closed the place down. The server had to unlock the door to let us out!




















Couldn't decide. So we picked 'em all.

Today's Accountability Tweets:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.