Monday, January 1, 2018

January 1st, 2018 One For Mom

January 1st, 2018 One For Mom

Mom was fine yesterday at the movie and last night at dinner. She was recently diagnosed with an infection, but she's been on antibiotics for several days and seemed to be doing well. It all changed today. I didn't think anything of it when she didn't answer her phone. I was at the studio wrapping production on the podcast when I realized I hadn't heard from her. It wasn't too unusual, but still-- I wanted to check on her. I figured she was staying busy. She likes to walk the halls for exercise and she never takes her phone with her. When she finally answered it was like talking to mom from December 2016 when she was in the hospital with a severe UTI and sepsis.

She wasn't able to speak a complete sentence or make any sense of her conversation. She communicated that something was very wrong but couldn't articulate exactly what. I knew from the previous experience--this infection was getting serious now.

I immediately called the head nurse and they were already aware of the situation. I was assured that they were watching her closely. Tonight, they've put her back on oxygen and they're helping her navigate her room as needed. UTI's can get very scary quickly. This dramatic turn happened in less than 18 hours from when I left her last night. I left her again tonight after trying to calm her down some by reassuring her of the plan. If she isn't improved by morning, they'll probably change the treatment--if that still doesn't help, she'll likely go to a hospital for more aggressive care.

If you pray, could you please include one for mom?

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined-sugar free, I exceeded today's water goal, and I stayed connected with good support.

I released an episode of Transformation Planet earlier this afternoon. Episode 16 features Dr. Joan Ifland. It's available wherever you get your podcast: iTunes for Apple, Google Play for Android, Podbean.com or any podcast platform. Subscribing from one of these outlets will automatically deliver new episodes directly to your device. Here's the episode 16 description and a handy PodBean player to listen directly from this page:

Transformation Planet Episode 16 Dr. Joan Ifland-
Dr. Joan Ifland has dedicated over two decades of her life to food addiction research. In this episode, she discusses how processed food addiction starts, how and why it affects people differently, and how the research has proven, without question, the validity of its powerful grip on millions of people around the world. She's the founder of www.foodaddictionintensive.com, www.foodaddictionresources.com, and www.foodaddictionbooks.com  Dr. Ifland is the author of Sugars and Flours: How They Make Us Crazy, Sick and Fat, and What To Do About It and she's the co-author and co-editor of the comprehensive textbook, Processed Food Addiction: Foundations, Assessment, and Recovery published by CRC Press.


Today's Accountability Tweets:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

3 comments:

  1. Sean - I'm sorry to have read that your mom is not doing so well at the moment. Prayers sent for your mom for a fast and full recovery. Stay strong Sean, for yourself and your mom. Take care... - Rick in Florida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayed a decade (rosary) for her. (And it is possible that when she has any infection going, she needs to stay home/in bed, if she has a history of this happening).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your mom. Tell her I love her.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.