Saturday, October 14, 2017

October 14th, 2017 All The Way Home

October 14th, 2017 All The Way Home

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, I walked for exercise, and I stayed well connected with good support.

The Oklahoma State University Homecoming Parade was something very special in my childhood. It was an annual event--and it was big. I looked forward to it every year. It was a very cool thing to introduce my grandson Noah to this event this morning. I'll admit, I became a little happy-emotional when his face lit up and the "Oh my gosh" phrase kept rolling off his tongue. I had tears in my eyes for his excitement--and because it took me back forty-three years to when I was that excited little four year old.
Noah cleaned up in the candy collecting department today. It was like Halloween!






















Right before the start...oooh, the anticipation of something grand!!































I don't think he quite knew what to expect, but I think he knew whatever it was, was going to be good. He immediately made a friend (he's so good at making friends) and the two of them watched the parade side by side. It was pretty special!

Lunch out was a little challenging--the place we planned to go was impossible because of the huge crowds all over town, and plan B was the same thing--we ended up with Plan C, and I made it work within my personal plan boundaries. My uncle dropped by to join us, too, and that was very cool.

After some minor shopping (Dollar Tree for Halloween decor--Noah calls it "the Halloween store"), I grabbed a cold brew coffee with half&half for the drive home. I was tired. Noah was tired too, sleeping all the way home.

Noah's back at his house tonight, and I've been relaxing well. I made a fast trip to the grocery store for some fresh catfish filets for tonight's dinner. It's been a little while since I did the "oven fried" routine--so I did. It was a fantastic meal.

Mom absolutely loved the day's activities. It was her idea to attend the parade this year. My schedule has made it impossible the past several years--so when the schedule was open, we made the plans!

I'm returning North tomorrow for another visit with Gerri. I'm really looking forward to the additional visit with her. I've learned so much from her along this road--and there's still more for me to learn! The learning never stops--and that's a wonderful thing!

Today's Accountability Tweets:




























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.