Wednesday, October 11, 2017

October 11th, 2017 Fantastic Time

October 11th, 2017 Fantastic Time

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed very well connected with exceptional support.

My plans changed midday. The lunch with mom had to be changed--I just had more to do before I could leave work for the day. I'm going to enjoy my day off tomorrow. No alarm clock set tonight! 

I met up with my longtime friend, mentor, advisor, coach, and the person who's been along this road with me for over seven years, Gerri Helms!!

Gerri, her husband David, me and Gerri's good friend, Karen, met up at a very nice Mexican restaurant in Wichita, Kansas. The conversation was a joy and the pictures were fun. Since we're so close on the map (rare!), Gerri and I decided we'll meet up again in the coming days before their travels take them further away.

I called the restaurant on the drive to Wichita. It was a place I'd never been, however, it was Mexican and rather upscale, so I assumed my questions would be met with the answers I wanted to hear. My first question is always, "Does your salsa contain refined sugar?" Tony, a very pleasant manager, took the time to answer my questions: "Yes, all of our salsas contain white refined sugar." That wasn't the answer I expected! "Your fajita chicken, same question?" And again, "Yes, it comes pre-marinated and the marinade contains refined sugar." Uh...okay... "What kind of meat could I order without refined sugar?" --"Order the ribeye steak fajitas or the pork fajita meat without sauces and seasonings, and you'll be good." "One more, does your guacamole contain refined sugar?" --"Oh no, of course not!" --"Perfect, thank you for your time and attention!" The entire conversation took about 3 minutes and with that, I was equipped with the information I needed in order to maintain the integrity of my plan. I didn't even need a menu.

Gerri and Me

























David is so cool. We did our best at recreating the statue pose.
I needed a hat!































It was a fantastic time tonight. I'm so glad I took the vacation day tomorrow because it's late! I've planned a fairly calm day for tomorrow. It'll start with sleeping in late!

Today's Accountability Tweets:






























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.