Tuesday, August 15, 2017

August 15th, 2017 Flashback

August 15th, 2017 Flashback

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, I met an accountability pledge by doing a fast 15-minute stair climbing workout tonight, and I stayed well connected with good support.

DDWL Flashback from two years ago today-August 15th, 2015:

The social differences that come with weight loss can be interpreted in different ways, good or bad. I've noticed how I'm treated differently at a healthy body weight. I attract more smiles and attention than I did at 500 pounds. And on the surface, it's easy to fault the other person. But since allowing myself to dissect it a little further, I've drawn some alternative conclusions.

I believe it starts with me and what I'm projecting in any given situation. Let's be real, at 505 pounds I was fairly miserable most of the time. I didn't like getting out too much and if I could help it, I didn't. I was super self-conscious and my confidence level was extremely low. Doing what I've done and what I do for a living, I could put on a smile and show, as if it were a uniform--and get the job done, all the while projecting how I felt about me onto everyone else.

If I didn't like me, they didn't either. If I was judging me, they were judging me. If I considered myself grotesque, so did those horrible people! Perhaps a few might have been doing these things--I mean, some people just suck, sure--but I would safely bet 90% were never really treating me the way my self-loathing brain perceived.

I was giving some fairly negative energy a lot of the time. It's no surprise I received the same. And not necessarily bad things--just fewer smiles and much less attention.

I now walk with more confidence. The physical changes have made an impact of course. The mental/emotional changes--the strength of perception and source of my self-worth and identity, have changed too, and it's really created a different, more positive energy around me and emanating from me. It's no surprise I receive the same.

I'm a firm believer in we get what we give. It isn't a flawless law, of course, some get way more than they give and others still get short changed, receiving much less than they give. But on average and most of the time, we get what we give. If I'm now projecting something completely different from once upon a time, I shouldn't be puzzled by the different returns.

Keeping tonight's edition super-short. Letting the tweets take it the rest of the way!

Today's Accountability Tweets:






























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.