Friday, June 2, 2017

June 2nd, 2017 Hindsight

June 2nd, 2017 Hindsight

I'm looking forward to some rest this weekend. Today's schedule was another crazy one, but I made it was successful.

Hindsight is 20/20, of course. I could have planned better this evening. I was asked to emcee a big fundraiser event tonight. The Battle of The Burger was epic! I had people right and left offering me food--and I must have said no thirty times. My plan was: Be the emcee. Go home and prepare dinner after the event. That's what I did--however, I could have eaten there very easily. A few different options were available, but I had my plan and I didn't want to change the plan. I could have packed some ingredients and prepared my meal at the event! Or--I could have had a burger without a bun, wrapped in veggies. A better plan would have kept me from eating at almost 10pm.

I was offered--and only after careful consideration, accepted a "spiked" sparkling water type drink. It was the first alcoholic beverage I've consumed in over three years. It'll likely be another three years or more before I have another. I'm just not a drinker. That's a blessing. I think I might be allergic to alcohol because 2/3 of the way through the 12oz can I felt weird and physically different.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal and I stayed well connected with great support.

Today's Accountability Tweets:


































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

2 comments:

  1. I am allergic to something in wine. Probably something to do with the aging process. One sip and I feel like I might be headed to the ER.

    So, I identify with what you said.

    But I wanted to add, the addict brain is always looking for a fix. Very happy to switch from one vice to another. Addiction transfer.

    So, I think it is important not to give it a chance. It will mess with your mind.

    You would be smart to just consider yourself "allergic" to all of it and abstain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, congratulations on not blowing your calorie budget! You were in a tricky situation--especially since you consumed alcohol n an empty stomach. Not good, even for a drinker...and may be why you felt weird. Alcohol on an empty stomach. Chuckle. Yeah...that could be it.

    Best wishes for continued success,

    Deb

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.